Monday 15 July 2013

Lord of the Rings scarf

Oh yea! This one is cool. I've actually started this scarf last October, and was planning on being done by Christmas. Ha! Was I ever wrong. Now it's July, and I really, really want to finish it before September rolls around, so that I can wear it when it gets chilly outside. This picture here shows the pattern for it. It's six pages long. I'm almost done the second page, go me! It says one ring to rule them all in elvish, it's great.


 Now, you can see what it actually looks like in yarn. Purple and light beige, so pretty together. This thing is huge. I'm using acrylic yarns that I bought at walmart, it was fairly cheap, and not as thin as the recommended size. Results: it is over a foot wide, and will be at least ten feet in length once I'm done. Cozy and badass, yes please!

 Oh! It's also double-sided. One side is purple with beige inscription, the other is beige with purple inscription. I did a bit of math, and estimated that when I'm done, I will have spent about 88 hours working on this monster. Yes, that many. It takes 10 minutes to fully knit a row, and there are 539 rows. So far, I've spent about 28 hours on it. I'm almost a third done, that's a comfort. If I want to finish it in seven weeks though, I have to knit for at least an hour every single day. It's not hard while I'm watching a movie or a TV series. It feels like I'm multitasking too.

I'm very proud of this thing, and I will only be prouder once I'm done, but I still have a LOT of work to put into it.

This is where I got the pattern, for all knitters and Lord of the Rings enthusiasts:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/one-ring-scarf


I've done quite a bit of work on the scarf since I first posted. I'm a little further than halfway done, I'm very pleased with the way it looks. I'm really excited to get it finished. Truly, it's going to be the first time that I finish a scarf, I usually give up and never finished a single one before. :p Go me!

August 13
Oh yeah! Oh yeah! *kitsch dance moves*
I'm done, and two weeks earlier than I planned!!!!!! This glorious monster clocks in at a grand total of 2m80. It is soooooo fluffy, I'm gonna die.
PICTURES! :
Why did I finish it two weeks early? Oh, just because I started another gianormous one.........
I'm incorrigible.. :P
LotR Scarf: DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment